This site is moved to other domain!

You should be automatically redirected in 9 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.detector-pro.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 29, 2009



Stumble Upon Toolbar
written by: Ukion in
[] []

Linus Torvalds switching to GNOME


Don't want to miss a single bit? Subscribe to our RSS Feed!


Recent days on various Linux forums people broke spears about statement of Linus Torvalds (Kernel Founder) that exceeds the GNOME desktop environment. Although it is a matter of personal choice, many find the inspiration to start a "flame wars" between KDE and GNOME users.

We will only briefly copy a statement from Linus Torvalds interview, which original extends to six pages, so our readers can make their own conclusion:

“I used to be a KDE user. I thought KDE 4.0 was such a disaster I switched to GNOME. I hate the fact that my right button doesn't do what I want it to do. I realize the reason for the 4.0 release, but I think they did it badly. They did so may changes it was a half-baked release.

KDE 4.0 arrived as an update on the Fedora; desktop just was not functional, and overall it was a bad experience for me. I'm going to try the new KDE when I reinstall the computer, which normally do every six to eight months.”

Read full interview here.




Subscribe to DetectorProDid you enjoy this post? Why not leave a comment below and continue the conversation, or Subscribe to Feed and get articles like this delivered automatically to your Email or feed reader.



Related articles by tags



0 comments: